Athea Laboratories, Inc., a leader in the manufacture of specialty chemical products and wet wipes, has an immediate opening for a Safety and Health Associate for its three non-union manufacturing and warehousing locations in the Milwaukee area.
Athea Laboratories is a manufacturer of wet wipes and chemicals used in industrial, institutional, and retail market places.
Established in 1965, Athea is a family owned business that continues to see exceptional growth and opportunity in the markets we serve.
• Management and implementation of all safety programs including all pertinent training
• Administrating of workers compensation program and monitoring of workplace incidents
• Overseeing all regulated waste management activities
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations including those set by OSHA and the EPA.
• Coordinating and/or conducting Industrial hygiene monitoring (noise and air)
• Ensuring compliance with and having direct contact with governmental agencies (e.g. OSHA, DOT, WDNR, etc.)
• Facilitating safety incentive programs
• Coordinating with outside vendors to test, repair and certify regulated equipment
• Meeting with local and state agencies for inspections and corrections of regulated equipment
• Coordination of all DOT HazMat programs including relevant training
• Excellent written and oral (face-to-face/phone/web conferencing) communication skills.
• Continuously improve by challenging the status quo and asking questions.
• Excel at working within a team environment as well as independently
• Strong PC skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation and personal information management software in a Microsoft environment
• Exceptional ability at managing workload priorities
• Peerless attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a safety and health sciences or related field and two to five years’ experience within these disciplines required. Experience within the chemical industry, proficiency in Spanish speaking/writing and experience working with lean principles is a plus. Professional certification such as CHMM, ASP, or CSP is also beneficial.
Ability to sit and stand
Environmental, Safety and Regulatory Affairs Manager