The Liquid Mixer is responsible for the accurate weighing, checking and mixing of specific chemical compounds for product formulations; the calibrating and monitoring of a variety of mixing machinery and the accurate documenting and maintaining of production logbooks and records. The Liquid Mixer will follow all departmental and company SOPs, cGMPs, and maintain accurate and timely record keeping on each formulation batch.
Athea Laboratories is a manufacturer of wet wipes and chemicals used in industrial, institutional, and retail market places. Established in 1965, Athea is a family owned business that continues to see exceptional growth and opportunity in the markets we serve.
Weigh out and mix exact amounts of chemicals according to specific formulas while monitoring product output from mixing equipment operations
- Follow strict safety procedures and SOPs on a daily basis
- Follow batch sheets and blending instructions per customer orders
- Fill out all necessary paperwork for completed product
- Work with QC personnel to ensure correct specifications are met and determine if adjustments are necessary
- Assist with packaging and preparing finished product for shipment as needed
- Clean and sanitize all tanks, equipment and chemical containers used in the product formulation process in accordance with current SOPs and cGMPs.
- Fill out forms for recording production volumes (batches) and comply with all current GDP standards.
- Responsible for fork lift and material handling equipment within the work area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Ability to read formulas and follow procedures
- Must possess strong reporting skills for accurate documentation on processes
- Attention to detail
- Ability to mentally focus on duties and ability to stay mentally alert
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate proficiency and experience in operating all mixing equipment
- Maintain high level of sanitation cGMPs, SOPs, safety and understanding of specification
- Must be able to take direction
- Understand and communicate basic skills and instructions
- Willingness to learn and teach new tasks
- Familiarity with metric system
Hair Net, safety glasses