Athea is looking for an experience Machine Operators to work at our facility. We are hiring for first and second shift.
Athea Laboratories is a manufacturer of wet wipes and chemicals used in industrial, institutional, and retail market places. Established in 1965, Athea is a family owned business that continues to see exceptional growth and opportunity in the markets we serve.
- Set-up, operate, tend to machines to prepare industrial and consumer products for storage or shipment.
- Fill liquids on a filling line into various containers, package finished product and prepare for shipment.
- Set-up, change-over, operation of the machine and general maintenance.
- Adjust machine components and machine tension and pressure according to size or processing angle.
- Perform diversified manual and mechanical duties to set up and operate rewinding machinery. Duties include: machine set up, rewinding of product, recording productivity, and other similar duties pertaining to the operation of rewind machinery.
- Set up rewind equipment. Read job sheet to determine product specifications. Install shafts onto rolls and load and align rolls. Web product through machine. Set and adjust cutters to obtain required specifications for trim and web width. Obtain set up approval from appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Sort, grade, weigh and inspect products verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Observe machine operations to ensure quality and conformity of filled or packaged products to standards.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams or incorrectly applied seals or labels.
- Attach identification/product information labels to finished packaged items or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers and other product information.
- Stock (stage) and sort product for packaging or filling machine operation and replenish packaging supplies such as boxes, cartons, ink or labels and production supplies such as containers, caps, dry rolls and solution totes.
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging material.
- Count and record finished and rejected in-process and packaged items.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
- Perform required regulatory (FDA) testing, record results and work with QC to ensure compliance.
- Ensure GMP practices are being employed and in compliance with requirements.
- Perform other requirements as required by management.
- Lifting loads up to 50 pounds is required.
- Forklift driving experience is preferred.
Education and/or Experience
Previous experience as a machine operator is a plus.
An individual must be able to meet the physical demands of the job including climbing ladders, bending, stooping, and standing for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds.